Pursuant to LBR 2090-3 and section 1.D.1. of the Administrative Procedures for the Case Management/Electronic Case Filing system, an attorney who is not a member of the bar of the District Court but who is a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of any state or of any United States District Court may appear before this court after:
(1) Completing the form application for leave to appear pro hac vice as prescribed by the District Court;
(2) Paying the required fee to the Clerk of the District Court; and
(3) Filing the application and receipt for payment with the Clerk of this Court.
The following are three ways to appear Pro Hac Vice:
1) Appearance Only - Pro Hac Vice for an attorney who does not want to file document electronically:
- Complete the form application for leave to appear Pro Hac Vice as prescribed by the District Court Click Here
- Pay the required fee to the Clerk of the District Court. Click Here
- File application.
- Have Local Counsel file application in CM or
- File the application and receipt at the Intake counter of the Bankruptcy Court or
- Mail in the application and receipt to the Bankruptcy Court.
2) Appearance and File Documents Electronically:
- Complete registration form to become a Pro Hac Vice ECF filer Click Here
Please note that upon completion of the registration form you will receive an email with further online training instructions.
- Pay the required Pro Hac Vice filing fee electronically
- File the application in CM/ECF upon receiving LIVE login and password
3) Attorney who has previously been admitted Pro Hac Vice, has a login and password to the Bankruptcy Court and wishes to file another application on a new Bankruptcy Case Click Here to "access paragraph (c)" to generate a pay.gov payment link.
- Enter information as requested Attorney ECF login and password and Case Number
- Link will be sent to your email associated with your E-filing account to make Pro Hac Vice Payment
- File the application in CM/ECF on new Bankruptcy Case